Sunday, September 21, 2014

It was an "Appeeling" Week!

Hello Everyone!!
We had a great week last week!  You could say it was quite  "Appeeling!!"  Many of our learning opportunities had an fun apple twist.  We were studying closed syllable short a words, with the word apple as a favorite.  We practiced skip counting with apple shapes.  We studied the citizenship of Johnny Appleseed.  We studied force and motion using apples.  On Friday, we made applesauce together!  Here are a few pics.

Skip counting by 5's starting at 4!

Wobbly apple roll



Applecopter launch! The one and only time
 I let them stand on their chairs!!
 

Studying force and motion with an Applecopter!!


 

Crock Pot Applesauce




Yummmmmmm!!

Wearing a pot on our heads??? Yes!!

You can get most of the activities for the science and social studies if you would like.  Keep reading!!








Next we are working on magnets, and yes, I added a little apple twist to that as well.





 And one more quick share.  In writing we'll be working on when to use uppercase letters. Here's a quick little chant that was very effective last year.





PHEW!!!  Oh!  I almost forgot!  I told you I would share some amazing writing my kids have been doing. But this week was also filled with assessments, I station, Spelling Inventory, Accelerated Math Inventory, Writing Portfolio BOY entry, and DRA's. I am hopeful that this coming week will be a bit more "normal" and I can grab some shots of their amazing work.  I am very excited!!!  Till then, thanks for stopping by for a peek!! We appreciate your interest in what we've been up to!! Don't forget to leave a comment!!
Have a great week!!
Joyfully!
Nancy








4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I really appreciate all you do! I am new to 1st and you have helped so much! Thanks again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your ideas and freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, these are really handy tips. Thanks for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful and fun ideas and resources, but mostly it is your joy and enthusiasm which make a real impression. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!