Sunday, November 10, 2013

Counting On!

Hello Everyone!
This coming week we will add to our addition strategy tool box by learning about "counting on."  My friend and teammate, Mary has such great ideas for teaching different strategies and this little unit was inspired by her! Thanks, Mary!
When adding two numbers together, we will put the larger number in our pocket and count on.  The number in your pocket doesn't change. Say that number and count on with the smaller number.
This little unit includes some whole group and math tub activities to introduce and practice this strategy. Here are some pics:





  If you can use this,click HERE for your free printable unit. (20 pages)

I can't wait to share this with my kiddos!  Let me know if it will work for you!!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!  Stay tuned for some pics from our week.
Have a great day!
Joyfully!
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Counting on is so important, especially for kinders and firsties! Thanks for sharing this!!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for your willingness to always share with us. You have some of the best work out there. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous!! Thank you very much for sharing. I just love all your ideas.

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Grade Wow is right!!! I can't wait to use this with the students who had a hard time understanding the concept of counting on. Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy I love all your ideas and so appreciate the freebies. I just don't have the money to buy many items. I share my love of your blog to all my teacher friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this great strategy for teaching counting on:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this great strategy for teaching counting on! Love it! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!