Saturday, December 15, 2012

Heartstrings

Hello Everyone,
As the news from this Friday continues to  envelope us, my heart is absolutely breaking for those affected.  As a mother and teacher I can't keep my heartstrings from becoming loosened, tangled and frayed to think about those precious, innocent children.  When I turned on my phone yesterday as I was leaving school, I had texts from both my precious boys telling me how much they love me. They both knew that this tragedy would hit home.  As their mom, those words helped to untangle those heart strings. I love these boys, and my husband, of course, more than anything.  That is what is important. Thank you, sweet boys!  You are my heart! 
As a teacher, I strive to let my kiddos know that I love them as well. It is, of course, a different kind of love, but it is a love that makes me want to protect those little hearts and help them grow into the people God intends for them to be. Most of the teachers I know display that same kind of love.
 I pray that my kiddos get the chance to grow up. I pray that they will not ever feel alone. I pray they know love.
Hold your loved ones close to your heart.  Grasp your students heartstrings and pull with that uncompromising love that we have all been given.

I love you, my Jordan and my Toby!
 I love you VIK's.
Blessings of peace to the families in Connecticut.

Hugs to all.
Nancy

I'll be back later with "school stuff."

1 comment:

  1. Well said Nancy. We must cherish everyday we have with our own children and "our children" at school as well. As a first grade teacher and mother of three, this really hits home. I plan to hug each of my school kids this week and remind them of how special they are to me. Prayers for the families in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!