Thursday, July 26, 2012

Buckaroo Buckets

Hello Everyone!
Have I told you how much I love getting my classroom ready for each school year?  I have loved redoing my new space with some of my old "stuff" but I also am having fun making a few new things.  Today I made our "Buckaroo Buckets" for small group work.  I have loved seeing so many ideas for the little crate seats.  I was all set to make those and even had the plywood in hand, when I spied the blue Lowe's buckets!  They were only $2.69 each! And they were blue!!  I talked the guy at Lowe's into throwing in some tops that would fit, and then found some cheap little cushions (the kind they use for bar stools), and some cute ribbon, and voila!  Our cute, comfy, new, and don't forget cheap  "Buckaroo Buckets!  They have room for storage, and they have a handle for easy moving!  I think I love them!! I can't wait for some guided reading time with my new firsties!!!







Give it a try! So quick, so easy, so cheap, so cute!!

Have fun!!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

13 comments:

  1. Did you attach the cushions to the lids or are they just setting on top?

    They turned out really cute! :~)

    Alissa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy the cushions at Lowe's also?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you buy the cushions at Lowe's also?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    I got the cushions cheap at Garden Ridge. I didn't even think to look at Lowe's. Do they sell stuff like that?
    They may have some at WalMart or Target. Or Bed Bath and Beyond.
    :)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. are the cushions attached or just set ontop

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushions have elastic, so they are stretched around the lid like you would put them on a bar stool. Then they just sit on top of the bucket. I can still use the buckets for storage.
    :)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you mind telling me how tall they are (I guess not including the cushion)? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. About our Family,
    so sorry it took me so long to get back to you! The buckets without the cushions are 14 inches tall. By the Way...The kids love them!!! We've been trying them out all week!
    :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The buckets I found at Lowe's & Home Depot have the company logo & other print on them.Your buckets have tape or ribbon around them but that will not completely cover the buckets I found. What did you use to remove the print on your buckets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonita,
      There was no way to remove the Lowe's stamp. The very wide ribbon covered it just barely. I hot glued that into place.
      Hope that helps!! :)
      Nancy

      Delete
  10. I love, love, love your ideas..so much fun! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spray paint them. Different colors becomes an option!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!